What is SLS?
Student Leadership Seminar, Student Leadership Seminar.
The Student Leadership Seminar (SLS) are specially designed events with the aim of providing the officers and volunteers of the sectional student with the tools and skills they need to run their sections more effectively.
Who should attend?
- All officers of the sectional committee chairs and student
- Advisors of the sections.
- Any student of ASME members who would like more information on what to expect from their student section or are considering becoming a part of the Board of its Sectional.
What is gained?
- Knowledge of the ASME organization and structure so that you understand the role student sections play in fostering professionalism.
- Tools and resources that can improve efficiency as head of the student section.
- Leadership and management skills that better skills to run your student section and help you become more effective professionally and personally.
- A better understanding of the benefits for members of ASME and how you can leverage these benefits to help their professional development and promote membership to other students.
- An opportunity to meet and interact with students from other universities and with ASME district leadership.
- A fun and enjoyable experience that is also educational.